Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Jay Post

It's a little overdue but I guess getting it posted is what counts.  We honestly haven't had too much going on and that is why I haven't posted in such a long time!  Sorry everyone, but our life seems too boring to blog all the time I guess!  Lately we've really just been hanging out at the house, Jay has been studying a lot, I've been busy with church activities and planning our open house at work.  Things are going pretty good and we are gearing up for some traveling within the next two weeks.  I'll hopefully have more to post coming up soon.

Nonetheless, this post is for Jay and his birthday.  His actual birthday was a Wednesday and that is always hard when it is in the middle of the week.  My discipleship and choir practice got cancelled so I got to come home early to hang out with my honey!  We ordered a pizza and he opened up his birthday present and cards from everyone!


He got lots of Arkansas paraphernalia from Mom and Dad!  How fun!  Everyone else pitched in and we are getting him a new study desk for the third room!  He picked one out and we plan to set it up this week!  Hopefully it will transform that room into a sanctuary of quiet study time for the both of us!


Since Wednesday was still so busy, we saved our celebration time for Saturday night!  We went to KYOTO Sushi and Steak House down south and ate lots of great Japanese food- yum!  Happy Birthday, Jay - hope your day was a special one!  I am so thankful for my husband and the man he is :)

Well, if you can believe it, we are experiencing more snow as we speak.  I am so done with this winter weather and cannot wait for some spring relief.  My irises, day lilies, rose bushes and other perennials are coming up and I can't wait to get my garden looking great again!  Hopefully when the weather gets warmer I'll make my spring trip down to Suburban Lawn & Garden and pick out some great stuff.  
Jay has his last midterm of his second year tomorrow and we are counting down the days to his board exams (90 if you can believe it!)  Here's to a short week until my dad's family reunion this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great picture of Jay and his birthday pizza.... I'm guessing it was taken specifically for the blog :-)

    ReplyDelete