Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hello Fall, Hello Football!

Labor Day Weekend begins such a fun season.  Even now, we are experiencing cooler weather and we are getting excited for all the fall has to bring!  One of those being college FOOTBALL!  This past weekend was the season opener for both our teams: Arkansas Razorbacks and Oklahoma Sooners.  I was able to go down to Norman Friday afternoon to visit my parents and hang out for the weekend and also go to the OU game!  Unfortunately, Jay had just begun a new rotation and was required to stay behind to check on his patients both on Saturday and Monday.  It was sad to leave him here but I was still happy to spend some quality time with my parents over the long weekend.  As I said, I was able to take off early, which is always a joy and so helpful when you are driving 5 hours, to meet my parents in Moore for dinner and a movie.  We saw "The Debt" and really really liked it.

Saturday morning we woke up and had breakfast at Jimmy's Egg.  It was so delicious!

Dad was on the phone with Great-Aunt Becky.  Oh well, we can't be picky when snapping a quick photo!

After breakfast, Mom and I went to Joe's Nail Salon to get our nails done!  We got there just in time because it got terribly busy about 10 minutes after we sat down!  Of course, I forgot to take a picture whilst there.  :(  After getting our nails down, we went home to lay out by the pool until game time.  My friend Sadie came over to hang out out for a while and we had such fun catching up.  Again I forgot to snap a photo of the two of us but here's one from my wedding:

Sweet Sadie Kay!

After Sadie left, we got ready for the game and headed down to campus to meet Dad's good friend Julius at our parking place!  We walked down to the stadium to do some shopping at the bookstore (even doggie got a souvenir which I will post a picture of next game day)!  We stopped for food on the bottom floor then headed up to our seats for kick-off!

Tribute to Home Sweet Oklahoma

Singing the University Song

Dad

Go Sooners!

Mom and me - the weather ended up being really nice!

Don't worry, all during the OU game I was keeping tabs on my Razorbacks and they won, too!  The scores were nearly identical and I feel like this will be a great year for both our teams!  

Sunday I got to visit my old church Wildwood and visit the sunday school class my parents help lead called Foundations.  It's for engaged couples to young families and they really enjoy teaching it.  After church we ate lunch at Qdoba and went home to rest for a bit before we went shopping at the new outlet mall in OKC!  It wasn't as good as the one in Florida, but shopping is always fun!  We all found some great things (even some shirts for Jay) and we were ready to go home for dinner and some rest!  Dad had bought some steaks to grill and Mom made twice-bakes potatoes.  I sauteed some mushrooms and onions and we also had steamed broccoli.  A delicious dinner indeed!  We ended up going to another movie on Sunday night.  We saw "Seven Days in Utopia" and liked that one as well.  It was definitely a light-hearted, "feel good" type movie.  

Monday I slept in, ate breakfast with Mom and Dad and headed back home to see my hubby!  Glad that this week is short - we have lots more on the calendar to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment