Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 19, 2010

Team Thorpe Times Two!

Last weekend Jay's brother and his wife came into town for a visit.  It was great because they had Rob and Billie watch their girls all weekend so it was just us four!  They got into town Friday afternoon around 3:30 and after I got off work we headed over to KYOTO-- the best sushi in town!  We had a wonderful dinner and came back the apartment to watch the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics.  We also played a very slow and miserable game of Mexican Train. Saturday Jay helped me cook a delicious breakfast of waffles, eggs, hash and lil smokies!  YUMMY!  After breakfast Matt and Akina wanted us to take them to Nebraska Furniture Mart.  We had an overwhelmingly fun time there but, of course, we didn't find anything we couldn't live without.  After NFM, we went to the Plaza and had a half-price burger at Tomfooleries.  We shopped around for several hours but I was the only one who found something (a CUTE black blazer from Gap)!  We stopped for coffee before it started snowing and decided to head out for dinner!  We came back towards the homestead and ate dinner at Jose Pepper's.  We were barely even hungry!!  Mmmmm... leftovers.  After dinner, we didn't want to go home so we went to Sullivan's Steakhouse-- not for steaks, of course!  We enjoyed some after-dinner drinks and headed home to hit the sack.  Matt and Akina left Sunday morning and Jay and I went to church.  We had such a fun time all together!  Again, I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures.  That was terrible of me to do.  I will blog about Valentine's Day tomorrow!!  I'm getting caught up-- YAY!   

No comments:

Post a Comment