Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 15, 2010

A Little Family Weekend

Last weekend I was able to go down to Davis, OK for a fun retreat with the women from my mom's side of the family.  We do this every year and this year was the first year we didn't go down to Tyler for the Pine Cove Women's Conference.  We all had such a great time just being us and having fun.  We definitely made it like the conference with different sessions, meals and even craft time.  The material and our discussions were so good - I definitely learned a lot and brought some lessons home with me.  :) It was a great weekend but, of course, too short!  Sunday morning we headed back our separate ways - Mom, Allison and I stopped in Norman and got winter pedis all together!  Allison and I had some really good quality time together on the car ride home.  Love ya sissy!  :)  

Chit-chatting over drinksies. 

Cake decorating for Aunt Carolyn.  Gosh that thing was beautiful. :)

Me and Mommy.  Cute.

This past weekend I had a Women's Ministry Event on Saturday - "A Day of Thanksgiving".  The church was decorated beautifully and it truly was a a spirit-lifting time with music, food and fellowship.  Then after that, while Jay was at the school studying, my "discipler" Jennifer invited Leah and I over for some pre-Thanksgiving baking.  Another great time of fellowship and food! :)  Thanks for the invite Jenn!  Saturday night Jay and I went to eat at Mr. Gyros (a favorite of ours) and to see Megamind.  Both were great!  Fun to hang with my hubby and relax together.  Today Jay had his last midterm of the semester and we both are so ready for the holidays!  This year we get Thanksgiving with my parents and  Christmas with Jay's!  We are so excited.  Next week is Thanksgiving!  We can't believe how fast time is  flying.  Well I'm snuggled with my doggie while Jay is at a meeting tonight.  Finally getting caught up on blogging.  Hope you enjoyed another post.  :)  Until next time....

P.S. Answers to the Halloween picture:  (from L to R) Chilean miner, Thing 1 & Thing 2, tiny elephant, Wendy Waldo, Princess Leia & Darth Vader and Will Schuster & Sue Sylvester from Glee.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment