Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Church Friends Weekend!

Our weekend has been fantastic, beginning on Thursday with the Royals game vs. Detroit!  Each year the YAMs (Young Adult Ministry group) all go together to a Royals game.  We had a big group this year, about 15 or so, and had a great time!  Unfortunately, they lost again but we had fun nonetheless.  It was a beautiful night with great friends.

I wore my cute shirt Elizabeth made me.  I'm so glad I got a blue one!

Kauffman Stadium





We were sad we lost!  :(

We were up so late on Thursday and Friday came really early!  It was OK, though, because we both had fun things to look forward to.  Jay had another softball game and I was helping host my first baby shower!  The baby shower was for Tabby Nelson and it was at Shea's apartment.  I went straight over after work to help Shea prepare.  We were making a diaper cake for Tabby and lots of food!  We had a great turn-out and it was really really fun!


The finished product!


The food table!

Mackenzie had this great idea for a fruit salad baby carriage and the girls pulled it off wonderfully!

Me and the ladies of honor - Tabby and her baby girl!



Kristin made a rainbow cake for Tabby - well done, my friend!

Playing games!

Tabby- due this month, Val- due November, Katherine- due January!

Great-looking group of great girls!

The hostesses (minus Les) and Tabby

We were all so exhausted when it was all over but it was so worth it!  Saturday morning Jay and I slept in (way late) and had our fall semester budget meeting over coffee and cereal!  It was much needed and we got all organized and disciplined with our money.  I'm so thankful for a husband who can help me balance our money and talk through the process with me.  After our "Free Sprits and Nerds Unite" meeting, we ran some errands and came back to do some yard work and get some sun!  We have done a lot of work on our house (inside and out) and are just getting started we feel like!  This summer it was my goal to get the back two garden boxes cleared of the weeds and planted with some vegetables and roses!  They look great now!  Here are some pics:

Tomatoes!

English roses!

If you had seen the boxes before, you would hardly believe your eyes!

Dash was cooling down in the shade.

Beautiful hibiscus blooms - God's gorgeous glory displayed in His creation.

We are geared up for a full week of work and research papering (also hoping to get a board exam score) and also some more relaxation and hanging with some friends!  We hope your week starts off great!

No comments:

Post a Comment