Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 18, 2011

Short Weekend in the LR

This past weekend Jay and I decided to make a last-minute trip to Little Rock to visit his family.  We were so glad we went.  Jay had not been home since Christmas and I had only been once for Deborah's wedding.  We definitely needed some quality time in Little Rock with his family!  We drove late into the night on Friday and arrived at the Thorpes about 12:30.  We were both exhausted from a long week and we crashed immediately!  Saturday we got to sleep in and chatted with Rob and Billie over coffee and breakfast.  Then we headed over to the Hillsborough pool to meet Matt, Akina and the girls!  We had a great time hanging out and getting some sun!  Jilly and Lainey are such good swimmers now and we are so proud of them!  We hung out at the pool until lunch time and then headed back for hamburgers and hot dogs!  Yummy!  Rob is such a great griller and we always enjoy whatever he brings off the grill.  I braided the girls' hair while we waited for lunch and then we sat down to enjoy it all together!  Jilly and Lainey ended getting really tired so Matt and Akina took them home to nap.  Jay and I went back to the pool to rest and lay out more!  We had such a relaxing day - much needed!  :)  

Saturday night was dinner with Maw Maw and Deda who are always a joy to be around.  Rob and Billie were so gracious to make us a delicious dinner (shrimp pasta primavera, asparagus and garlic cheddar biscuits - it was INCREDIBLE) and we very much enjoyed visiting together at the dinner table.  We got to catch up with Maw Maw and even watched a little TV afterwards.  It is such a blessing to have a family like the Thorpes.  

Sunday we went to church at The Summit and had brunch at IHOP afterwards.  Great food all weekend long!  We got on the road about noon and stopped in our beloved Fayetteville to get our dinner to go at La Huerta!  I love that place so much.  We got home with enough time to enjoy dinner together and get to bed early.  Unfortunately I've gone through this whole post without a single picture because I didn't even get my camera out of the case!  I'm hoping to get a couple shots from Billie's camera so I will post those when I can!  

This week is pretty normal for us; however, it's a short week for me because we are beach bound on Saturday!  I have Friday off to prepare and pack for our trip and we couldn't be more excited!  More to come soon... Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment