Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

HOUSTON, We Have a Problem

You are too big, too busy and too fast.  I could never live in Houston but it was a really great place to visit for a long weekend! My cousin Lily got married this past weekend and I was able to take off work to travel down to Houston and see her and the rest of the family.  My flight left very early Friday morning so that I was able to spend nearly the whole day with my family.  When I got to Houston, I met up with my sister, cousins and aunt for Sarah's birthday at the Chinese restaurant.  After lunch my cousins, sister and I went shopping for a few hours before I had to head back to the airport to pick up Dad and Mom.  It was hot there so I got a new shirt to wear for the rest of the afternoon!  I headed back to the airport for Dad and Mom and we got checked in to our hotel, rested for a bit and had a nice dinner downstairs.  Friday night was also Lily's lingerie shower so I met up with my cousin Genessa, we picked up Sarah at the rehearsal dinner and headed to Kingwood again.  We all had a great time hanging out, watching Lily open her gifts, eating Gigi's cupcakes and drinking coffee!  It was so late and I was exhausted from traveling I completely forgot to take one photo.  Bummer.

Saturday morning was the wedding so we were up and about Saturday morning and headed to the church!  It turned out to be a beautiful day in Houston and it was a truly wonderful ceremony.  It was such a great reminder of the covenant and commitment of my marriage.  Jim and Lily looked so happy and in love and it was such a special time!

Here's a picture of the stage set-up.

Mom and sisters before the ceremony

Cousins from L to R: Rachel, me, Allison, Sarah, Genessa
Before the ceremony

Alena was the flower girl - she did such a great job!

 Allison & Rachel and Elizabeth & I were coordinating!


Cousin picture with the beautiful bride

Family picture

Grandmother, mother and father of the bride!

Dancing at the reception!

Bride and groom :)

A showering of bubbles

Saying good-bye to only daughter!

Siblings!  Julie, Carolyn, Edward, Laura and Mom

After sending Jim and Lily off, we headed back to the hotel to rest before Uncle Carl and Aunt Carolyn had us all over for a backyard grill out - hang out!  It was a fun time with family.

Breck and Kohen playing

Serving up dinner!


Dad, Matthew and Uncle Carl

Sunday while the guys golfed, we went to church and then out to lunch at Fuddruckers.  After lunch I spent some quality time with my aunts and mom.  We just talked about life and working and kids and everything in between!  My flight left Sunday evening so when Dad got back from golfing, we headed back to the airport so I could get home to see my honey!  What a great weekend full of family, fun and celebration!

This week will be pretty normal.  Back to work and the hospital then fun this weekend with football, a wedding shower and Ben Rector concert on Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment