Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Weekend Fun

I got a little behind on blogging this week and now I'm feeling a little under the weather, but I'm making some time to document some weekend fun!  Last weekend I made a spontaneous trip with Rachel to NWA to see our good friend Lauren, her newborn, Ava, and then our families.  It was truly last minute but so worth it to see everyone and get the quality time together with Rachel on the drive there and back!  Thanks for driving Rachel!  Before our trip though, Jay and I went out with some church friends to celebrate Valentine's Day a little early.  The guys set up the date and we ended up going to Kyoto - our favorite Hibachi Grill and Sushi House!  We had such a fun time all together and definitely enjoyed the food and atmosphere!

Andrew, Leah, Jennifer and Jason

Our chef made a heart out of the rice!

Yummy sushi and my forever valentine :)

We left Saturday morning and were on the road after a quick stop at Chick-Fil-A and were in Rogers by mid-morning.  We stopped at Lauren's to see her and the baby and Jessica joined us, too!  We hung out and chatted til about noon then Rachel and I went our separate ways to spend the rest of Saturday with family.  It worked out great for everyone!

Lauren, Ava and me

Parker getting ready for the Hogs b-ball game!

Sweet baby girl - she looks so much like her brother!

Parker and Daddy

Angel in the making... Will she be a Pi Phi like her Mom and two aunts?

The girls!

After hanging out with Lauren and the girls, Allison picked me up for lunch at The Crumpet.  I didn't get a picture there, but we had a great time eating good food and talking.  We came back home to some rowdy and excited kids but just in time for naps!  After nap time, we got dinner ready and then made some Valentine's Day sugar cookies.

Lucy all smiles at dinner!

Rolling out the dough!

Cleaning up after cutting out

"Painting" with the icing glaze



Stew playing with Play-Doh!

It was a fun and fast day but I'm so glad we did it.  Rachel picked me up Sunday morning and we got back just in time for second services at our churches!  Great timing and good driving!  This week went by so fast so I'm not surprised I didn't make any time for blogging, but I hope you enjoy the pictures and we'll see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment