Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Kansas City's So-Called Pro Football Team :)

Hi again.  Today I'll blog about my random luck I had back in December.  So there is a radio station here in KC that plays continuous Christmas music starting the second week in November.  I know, it is crazy, but of course I love it because I LOVE Christmas music.  Well, a little before Thanksgiving STAR 102 (the radio station) began a game called "Holiday Squares".  If you have ever played "Memory", it is exactly that game.  The idea was that people could print off the game board from the STAR 102 website and play along every time the DJs said to be caller #12.  If you matched two squares, you won the prize!  Well, they really did have some awesome prizes like concert tickets, jewelry, giftcards and more.  Of course, I called in four times a day everyday for a month and a half because I was determined to WIN!  I did not win. :(  So on Friday December 11, 2009 I was getting ready for work-- it was about 6:45am.  Jay was still in bed because he did not have school.  I was listening to STAR 102 whilst putting on my makeup and the DJ said "be listening in a few minutes because before 7 o'clock we'll give away a family 4 pack of tickets to the Chiefs game this Sunday!"  I told Jay to get his phone ready because we were going to call in and WIN THOSE TICKETS!  A few minutes later I heard the cue to call and Jay and I frantically dialed the number to be caller #12.  I heard Jay in the background say "aww... I was caller 5."  Seconds later someone answered my ringing phone: "Hello, STAR 102!"  Really freaking out I said "OH MY GOSH AM I CALLER 12??!!!"  He told me I was and I couldn't believe it!!!  I actually won something on the radio just by calling in!  Who knew?  It really was an excting experience.  I hope you all enjoyed my story as much as I enjoyed living it.  :)  So we ended up taking Matt and Shea Looloian (friends from church) to the game that Sunday.  It was really fun but, of course they lost.  Too bad-- but still fun. 

Right after we scored our only touchdown.  Good effort guys.


















The group

No comments:

Post a Comment