Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Wedding, An Anniversary, A Birthday

Aside from our air conditioning being broken this weekend, it has been great!  Fortunately it wasn't unbearably hot here and we are thanking the Lord for that!  From my title, I've bolded the words in my narrative so it's more clear!
Saturday Jay took his last practice test before his USMLE board exam (coming up this Saturday).  We both are so ready for those to be over!  I slept in and got the house all picked up and clean and then we did some yard work together after he got home.  Saturday night we went to a wedding party for a couple of Jay's friend from med school, Kelstan and Ransom.  They are getting married in Scotland next month so they hosted a party in the States for all of their friends and family.  It was a beautiful night and we had a great time!  The house and yard were decorated beautifully and the food was delicious.  They served scrumptious hors d'eourves and had Jack Stack Barbeque catered for dinner (one of our favorites).  Unfortunately, I left my camera in the car at the club house so I didn't take any pictures!  I really regret that because the party was amazing.  :(

Today is a special occasion on two accounts!  It is the first anniversary of being in our house and it is Dash's second birthday.  We feel incredibly blessed to be in Wes and Catherine's house and have loved every second of living here!  Here is an updated picture of the front and back of the house.  Now that it is nearly summer (and most definitely feeling like it) every thing is in full bloom and looking great.



We moved in exactly a year ago and can't believe how the time has flown!  Since we were making the big move we weren't able to celebrate our little guy's birthday; so, we kinda made a bigger deal out of it this year.  I bought him a special birthday treat at Land of Paws and took tons of pictures!  I'll try not to bore you too bad with pictures of our dog...  we can't help it sometimes, he's just too cute. :)

Here he is doing his favorite thing - scouting rabbits.

Just chilling in the shade

Snuggling with "daddy"

A big birthday treat- a peanut buttery, yogurt covered bone!

"oh my gosh what is that?!"

"Oh I know what this is, give it to me now!!"


He licked all the "icing" off first!  I only gave him half and it still took him about 10 minutes to finish the whole thing off!  He sure did love it though! :)

Once again my efforts to upload a video have been thwarted.  It was fun, but you get the idea from the pictures!  This week looks pretty much the same for me as far as work goes; but I've got a women's ministry event on Tuesday and Jay will be cramming for boards on Saturday!  Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment