Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

We'll Call This One... BUSY!

Wow, what a whirlwind weekend!  Did you like that alliteration?  We had a great and busy weekend!  Let's just start at the beginning:  Friday night after work I came home to eat dinner with Jay.  He stayed home to relax and get to bed early because of his board exam the next day!  (I'll get to that later.)  I went to the softball game and cheered the boys on - they won!  Way to go CovChaps!  After the game there was a big get-together for two of our dear church friends' birthdays - Steve and Mackenzie!  We went over to Steve and Amber's house where they so graciously hosted a wonderful party with drinks, games and cake (thanks, Kristen!).  We played a game called "What Would You Do If?"  It was hilarious and so fun to say the least.  We have such a great group of friends!

Me and Lauren Bailey - she's one of the sweet girls I get to hang out with during Kidz Cove!

Such great friends: Mackenzie, Kristin, me, Shea and Kristen

The birthday buddies! 

Eating cake and enjoying the game!

Saturday was one of the biggest days for Jay.  He took his first national board exam, USMLE.  He woke up feeling ready and I made him a big breakfast for brain food!  I sent him off with well wishes and covered in prayer and then I was off to the farmer's market with Shea and Mackenzie!  Mackenzie had never been before so we were going as a celebration of sorts!  Plus, I was all out of cajun seasoning and it was time for more.  :)  We had a great time and bought some great stuff.  Couldn't have been a completed trip without the best kind of documentation- silly pictures!


Well done, my friends!

After the farmer's market I went over to Matt and Shea's to lay out for a couple of hours.  Then it was almost time for Jay to be done with his test and to celebrate being finished!  We got home about the same time and got ready for dinner at BRGR and a movie at the Plaza!  Dinner was delicious and the movie was great (X-Men: First Class)! 

Sunday was just as busy.  We had church plus Kidz Cove and then went out to eat at Noodles&Co for lunch.  After lunch we took a nap - the first in a long time together!  After a much needed nap, I went to the grocery store, Jay mowed the yard and I cleaned house!  We finished the weekend off with dinner at the Sterks with our community group.  Thanks for the delicious dinner and fun time, Jonathan and Heather!

This week is my last full week until vacation next week (starting Thursday) and Jay's last week of studying!  He takes the DO part of board exams on Friday and then he is done for the summer!  Yay!  We are so looking forward to the more relaxed schedule and rotations coming up this fall.  

No comments:

Post a Comment