Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 19, 2012

"Later", As Promised

I don't know why it is so difficult to stay on top of blogging.  I think it is because it takes a lot of energy for me to sit down and be creative, upload my pictures, write a short note to all my readers, etc.  It's never a "quick post" for me.  It shouldn't be that hard, but, for some reason not known to me, it is.  Alas, I give you "later" as I promised in my previous post Oh Hi! I'm Back

Several weeks ago {cue gasp here (as I roll my eyes)}, our dear friends the Rainwaters (you probably feel like you know them personally since I talk about them so much) invited us over for the Cotton Bowl in which our beloved Razorbacks were taking on the K-State Wildcats.  Now, living in Kansas, we had endured trash talk galore preceeding our match up that fateful Friday.  Rachel probably took the brunt of this because she works with several K-State alumns.  She even took a bet with one of her fellow co-workers!  Way to go, Rachel.  Anywho, we had planned a fun evening together making homemade pizzas and cheering on our alma mater!  We had such fun watching the game- although the commentators seemed to have a small (eh hem, hefty) bias for the purple team- and in the end, Hogs came out with the win!  Thanks for the fun night David and Rachel!

We're ecstatic... just unbelievably happy.  Can you tell?

Mmmm.  Razorback brownies!

Sooie, Rach and Dave calling those hogs! 

Ar-kan-sas Ra-zor-backs, GO!

This was my outfit for church the following Sunday.  Too much?  Was I rubbing it in?  Nah, it's just called team pride. 

1 comment: