Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Caroline's Completed Nursery

The last two weekends Jay and I have been enjoying the weather, each other, great friends and making final preparations for our daughter's arrival.  As I am typing this out, I can feel her kicking and squirming and can see my belly bulge from side to side.  :)  It's pretty amazing and I finally feel "ready" to meet her and bring her home!  Our Creator definitely knew what He was doing when He designed a 40-week pregnancy and I know He's been working in my heart to prepare me a little more each day for motherhood.  I love knowing His timing is perfect and that Jay and I can trust in Him wholeheartedly for the arrival and with the life of our baby girl.

But now that I am 37 weeks and Caroline is considered full term, we, of course, have made and are still making the necessary preparations.  With the help of so many loved ones, my wonderful husband and fantastic friends who so graciously showered us with gifts, Caroline's nursery is complete.  :)  I couldn't be more happy with the way it turned out and I hope she feels like it is a safe haven for her sweet dreams and play time.  Here are a few pictures... enjoy!

Antique door frame-turned-cute-and-hopefully-useful-decor-item

Hanging bookshelf from Vintage Market repainted and so cute!

Old ice cream parlor chandelier courtesy of Christopher and rocking chair from Rob & Billie

Refurbished rocking horse and DIY light switch cover

Crib and Moses basket (hopefully we'll have a good sleeper on our hands!)

Fun banner from the baby shower

Finally got the recovered cushions back!

We also had some time today to put in the car seat!  Caroline is so lucky to have Jay as her daddy.

All ready to go! :)

This week is my last week of full-time work and I can't believe it!  I also have weekly appointments with Dr. Nguyen now and will hopefully update you later this week with a few more pregnancy tid-bits and a belly picture!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment