Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Blessed Baby Shower Weekend

This pregnancy journey has really been something else and now that I am 36 weeks pregnant I can say that I'm about ready for it to be over.  I can honestly say that I am a woman who has not necessarily enjoyed being pregnant.  Don't get me wrong, it is an amazing miracle - this growing a baby inside of you, thing - but, I can say that it is tough work and not so hunky-dory the whole time.  Anyway, enough of my rambling (I'm sure you'd rather not read about all my complaints since I haven't blogged in over a month)... I really did want to get some pictures up of my Kansas City baby shower.  I was overwhelmingly blessed by family and friends alike who came to shower me and Caroline with love, encouragement and gifts.  It was definitely a humbling and joyful experience.  Caroline is one lucky girl to have such an established support system ready to welcome her into this world!  My wonderful and dearest friends Heather, Mackenzie and Rachel graciously hosted the shower and really did a fabulous job!  I am so thankful to have such loyal and true friends who are such servants and wanted to celebrate me in this way.


Sweet hostesses - Mackenzie, Heather and Rachel

My mother-in-law and Mom!

Four generations!  Grandmother, Mom, sisters and Caroline!


Beautiful diaper cake Rachel made

Sweet wishes guests filled out for Caroline





Heather did amazing on the food!

Delicious purple punch

Serving up breakfast!

Guessing the answers to the questions Jay answered previously - a fun game!

"Future Razorback" onesie from Rachel

During the gift opening, I got so hot I had to take my boots off.  Only one problem... my had swollen up so bad that the zipper busted!  Allison was trying to help me out of them!

Monogrammed burp cloths!

Jessica drove all the way from NW Arkansas to come to the shower - she got Caroline the sweetest gowns... so cute!  What a sweet friend.

Jennifer and her daughter Faith made this adorable ladybug themed "baby carriage" full of diapers and baby goodies for Caroline!

Covenant Chapel women

Wonderful family who came from Arkansas and Oklahoma



Gifts!  So blessed :)



Homemade sugar scrub for my precious friends!

Caroline's nursery is almost 100% complete and I will absolutely be posting pictures of it as soon as it's done!  Only 28 more days to go and we will be welcoming our daughter into our little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment