Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 26, 2012

Our Whirlwind Weekend

Well, as most of you have heard... we had a baby!  There are so many pictures to share and stories to tell that I'm a little overwhelmed but I will get to them all as soon as possible.  :)

My plan was to blog about the fun weekend we were going to have/had this past weekend since my last day of work was the 19th.  It started with a fun farewell party/baby shower at KTI on Friday evening.  Lindsay and Katherine were so gracious to plan and throw this fun little party for me!  I left KTI with bittersweet emotions, but knowing that we all had a bright future ahead!  Saturday our dear friends, the Rainwaters, hosted a garage sale at their house with all our stuff!  We had planned to have a garage sale before our baby girls arrived and it turned out to be a great day for it!  We all said it was a great success because we were able to spend some quality time together and get rid of some junk we had collected in the four years we'd been married.  {I have pictures of all these things that I will post as soon as I can get them loaded on my computer}

Aaannndd... our weekend ended with a bang because I ended up going into labor early Sunday morning and we had ourselves a little baby girl by 2 in the afternoon!  Wow.  Who knew we would have such a busy and eventful weekend?  God did!!!  And we trust that His timing could not have been more perfect for us.  We made it home from the hospital Tuesday afternoon and have settled into a good routine this week.  We have felt so much love and support from our dear friends and family and could not be happier.  We're sort of on Cloud 9, I think, and haven't really come back down...  WAY MORE to come soon. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment