Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ahhhh Spring.

Well after a much cooler Friday than expected, it finally warmed up enough yesterday for me to get out and do some much needed yard work!  I guess they really do call it "spring cleaning" for a reason!  I cleaned the house in the morning and then after lunch I headed over to Suburban Lawn & Garden to get my flowers!  I spent the majority of the day de-leafing my garden (something that probably should have been done last fall, ha ha) and tilling up some fresh soil for planting.  This year I got begonias, pansies and geraniums for my front bed.  I also got some sweet potato ivy for my pots but am waiting for the weather to warm up a smidge more for a few other sun-lovers.  Mom suggested getting a hibiscus bush so I can't wait to see what that will look like.  This is my first year in a home to experience the cycle of perennials.  It is amazing to me that these plants will without a doubt return to my garden every single year!  After such an incredibly cold winter it is hard to believe.  But they look great and I can't wait for them to start blooming.  Here's a picture of the house.  I think it looks great, but you can barely tell what's planted!


My back porch pot still waiting on the hibiscus.

The animals are also loving the spring weather.  I decided that they needed new summer collars so I took a picture of them for you to see.  Since we don't have any children you will have to suffer through many more of "these kinds of posts" until we do, I'm afraid.  Millie got an orange one with some sort of bird on it...
It even as a bell which has been fun... kinda.

Good model pose.  This is her favorite spot: on top of the couch next to the front window.

And Dash got a nice "manly" blue and green striped one...
Here I am trying to hold him in one place, but it's a good shot of the collar.

Soaking up some sun.
As I said before, Dash has been very much enjoying this warmer weather.  He spends most of his time outside laying in the grass and hunting rabbits.  Wait, did I say hunting rabbits??  Yes, as a matter of fact I did.  Apparently we have a burrow of rabbits under our shed in the backyard and yesterday Dash caught a full-grown adult rabbit.  And proceeded to eat it.  It was disgusting.  Of course I caught him in the act and screamed and yelled at him (I'm a great mom) and sent him straight inside.  My wonderful husband disposed of its lifeless and mangled body (I will spare you a picture); however, we are not sure what to do about the whole situation for the future.  Any suggestions?  Who knew such a cute dog could be so cruel?  We most certainly did not.  Bad Dash.  

Jay spent his day studying inside at his brand new desk.  We don't have the room completely organized quite yet but I did manage to sneak a picture.  Way to be, Jay!

Our friends Jonathan and Heather Sterk helped us put it together and we could not have done it without them.  Thanks so much Sterks!  The room looks tons better already and Jay has been enjoy his new desk very much.  Thanks to all who made it happen!

1 comment:

  1. Dash was protecting his beloved family from the ravenous beast.... good boy....here's a biscuit

    Billie & Rob

    ReplyDelete